- Be an incoming USP freshmen or current USP students
- Be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have a good co-curricular activities records
- Possess outstanding academic qualifications
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 annually and is bond-free.
Application and Shortlisting Processes
- The Jixun & Serene Scholarship is awarded on the basis of competition among eligible candidates. Recipients will be selected from among the best in each cohort.
- Interviews are expected to be conducted during June - July.
- The scholarship is tenable annually.
- Interest and ability to contribute to USP, leadership qualities and potential, co-curricular records and other capabilities will be assessed during the interview.
- USP reserves the right not to award the Jixun & Serene Scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.